Become a part of the team and help organize exciting events that take place throughout the year!
The Events + Volunteer Coordinator/Manager (title commensurate with experience) will ensure implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems in the areas they oversee; allowing leadership to focus almost entirely on other areas of organizational operations. The Coordinator must be an individual who embraces innovation and continuous improvement, welcoming the challenge of finding creative ways to work smarter and more cost-efficiently.
This team member has the primary responsibility for the production of Stonewall Columbus’ annual PRIDE-related events, which demands high levels of time and engagement particularly during the months of May and June. There is an expectation to develop strong and highly collaborative relationships with all stakeholders to build a sense of community and encourage participation to effectively produce this community-wide event. The role will be the lead responsible for recruiting/growing and guiding/managing a richly diverse, active, and collaborative group of dedicated volunteers who serve as the backbone of all PRIDE events.
The position requires a clear communicator, both verbal and written; a multitasker who is organized with effective time management skills; an individual that demonstrates a willingness to learn and adapt; someone who strives for the highest standards of behavior, detail orientation, collaboration, and work ethic. The schedule for this position requires weekday as well as occasional weekend and evening hours to manage volunteer group activities, committee meetings, and events to benefit the organization.
- Serves as the leader in planning logistics of special events – both in-person and virtual events
- Such as but not limited to PRIDE, LGBT Veterans Recognition Month, membership engagement opportunities, etc.
- Reviews event contracts, obtains competitive bids from all necessary suppliers and vendors, maintains accurate records to ensure accurate budgeting
- Assists with event execution, including working with event venue, caterer
- Coordinating volunteer support
- Leading up to, day-of, and post
- Coordinating community outreach (as needed)
- Pursue creative integration of ideas and with an entrepreneurial spirit in regard to new fundraising and event opportunities and ideas
- Recruit, engage, and place volunteers (e.g. Event Volunteer, Center Volunteer, Program Volunteer)
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training to ensure volunteers are successful in their positions
- In collaboration with staff develop, administer, and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards that guide the volunteer program and reflect the overall values of the organization
- Promote the volunteer program to gain community support by hosting volunteer meetings to encourage participation and sign-ups and provide information about volunteering opportunities
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills
- Schedule all volunteer activity for events
- Work closely with the communication/marketing team to create marketing campaigns and publicize volunteer opportunities and events/fundraisers (e.g. PRIDE, LGBTQ+ Veterans Recognition program, member events)
- In addition, they will collaborate on the master calendar for all events and activities
- Create metrics for measurement to gauge successes, improvements, and financial profit/loss after each event/activity
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Google Docs
- Strong written and oral communications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player willing to work together in a collaborative manner
- Ability to remain calm providing solutions in high-stress situations
- Proactive problem solving and resourcefulness
- Ability to multi-task and balance ambiguity in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with interruptions
- At least one year of large-scale (100,000 or more attendees) event planning experience required; or three years of general events management experience (familiarity with Columbus City festival/event planning is a plus).
Required from each applicant:
- Cover letter supporting experience with events and volunteer engagement
- (3) References (one of which must be a former supervisor of the applicant)
A complete application can be submitted to email@example.com; applications will be accepted reviewed until the position is filled.
Stonewall Columbus is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Fair Chance employer; non-White, gender non-binary, and straight people are encouraged to apply.