Mission: increase visibility, inclusion, and connection for the LGBTQ+ community.
Vision: An Ohio where ALL of US thrive.
Values: History. Visibility. Inclusion. Connection. Accountability.
Stonewall Columbus was founded in 1981 with the goal of “increasing the visibility and acceptance of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) community.” During the course of Stonewall’s 40-year existence, Columbus and the LGBTQ+ community has changed. The City of Columbus is now the 14th largest city in the country and recognized as one of the most LGBTQ+ friendly cities in the United States.
In addition to a growing array of programming Stonewall produces Lavender Listings, a listing of local products and services from LGBTQ+ friendly businesses and organizations, and Columbus Pride; started in 1981 Pride now welcomes over 700,000 visitors to the Columbus region.
As the community has changed so has Stonewall’s mission and vision–now to “increase visibility, inclusion, and connection for the LGBTQ+ community so we see a community where ALL of US thrive.”
As we forge ahead we will…
- always remember our history as we build our future brick by brick;
- be visible, reminding the world that we are strong, vital members of humanity;
- be inclusive, because we know what it means to be left out;
- be connected, linking needs to resources and people to one another;
- stand up for everyone in our community, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, military status, familial status; or disability.
2018 Stonewall Columbus, Inc. IRS 990 Form (PDF Format)
1160 N. High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43201-2411
Stonewall Columbus Community Center
1160 North High Street (Corner of 4th Avenue and High Street)
Parking available behind building accessed from N. Pearl Street alleyway
Business Hours: (Due to COVID19 the building is currently open 12pm to 5pm Monday – Friday.)
Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
(Various groups use the center outside of these hours)
Phone: (614) 299-7764
Fax: (614) 299-4408