PRIDE FESTIVAL AND PARADE COORDINATOR
SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Responsible for the successful planning of Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival and related activities. Under direction of the Executive Director, oversees all operations, logistics and communications planning for the annual event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary contact for Pride Festival for participants, volunteers, vendors, etc.
- In collaboration with committee chairperson, oversees management of event and volunteers; assists with coordination of Pride Festival committee meetings & communication with all-volunteer coordinating committee members; maintains contact with committees and sub-committees through e-mail and/or phone; attends all necessary meetings.
- Coordinates all Stonewall Columbus special events related to Pride Festival activities and additional events.
- Ensures events, entertainment, vendors, volunteers, and participants reflect the diversity of the Columbus LGBTQ community.
- Secures entertainment such as bands, artists, stage etc. in coordination with the appropriate Pride point persons on Board, staff and volunteers.
- Develops Pride Festival crisis management plan in coordination with the Board, Staff and Volunteers.
- Ensure that security vendor for Pride Festival is respectful towards and organized for the safety of all LGBTQ members of the Columbus Community.
- Reviews event budget and obtains competitive bids from all necessary suppliers and vendors prior to Pride Festival; provides input to Executive Director to ensure accurate budgeting; tracks and maintains event budget prior to and during Pride Festival.
- Maintains Pride Festival databases and files, including contact and information lists.
- In collaboration with committee chairpersons, oversees ordering of supplies for committees, as needed.
- Ensures timely response to vendors questions via email and/or phone.
- Submits event invoices/check requests for timely processing.
- Ensures all contracts, liability waivers, permits, assignments, schedules, etc. are in place prior to opening of Pride Festival and ensures all necessary paperwork is present on-site during the event.
- Manages reservation and rental of items needed for Pride Festival, including but not limited to: golf carts, radios, U-Haul, etc.
- Manages overall operation of Pride Festival Safety and Business Headquarters; works with volunteer committee members and general volunteers to trouble-shoot issues and emergencies during set-up, open hours and tear-down; maintains Pride Festival storage spaces and coordinates load in and load out to/from the event.
- Provides input for design and copy of promotional and informational materials for Festival & Parade; gathers relevant information for Pride Guide and press releases, and Columbus Pride website.
- Reviews event results with committee, vendors, volunteers and participants; provides recommendations for the following year
- Performs other duties as required from time to time.
Not applicable for position.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelors’ Degree in Events Management, Hospitality, Public Relations, Business or related area of study.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Required: Minimum two years’ experience in events management. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively inside and outside of the organization, verbally and in writing. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to organize information in a logical manner. Working knowledge of applicable software programs such as: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Gmail.
Preferred: Experience in negotiating vendor pricing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
- Requires working outdoors, as well as indoors under environmentally controlled conditions.
- Requires frequently repetitive movement; using hands to handle, push, pull, control, or feel objects, tools or equipment; standing for extended periods of time; lifting 50 – 60 pounds; walking, climbing stairs/ladders.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8, 2017. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal records check
Stonewall Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls or walk-ins are accepted.