Donate today by clicking the image below:
Checks can be made out to Stonewall Columbus, Inc and mailed to:
1160 N. High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43201-2411
Additional Ways to Support
Individual/family donors who donate to the Center at $5,000 or above; Contact Jeanne Heald, Director of Business Development for more information!
LGBTQ+ affirming businesses support Stonewall all year-long through financial contributions, in-kind donations, and sponsorships; shop with pride and support our programs and operations.
You can ensure Stonewall’s continued success through a variety workplace giving models. Private employers, federal, state and local governments all offer payroll deduction opportunities. Check with your human resources department to learn more about your employer’s workplace giving options. Many companies will match your contribution up to a pre-determined limit. Participating in a matching gift program not only amplifies your gift but it gives you the opportunity to influence your company’s philanthropic endeavors in support of the LGBTQ+ community.
Corporate sponsors invest in Stonewall and the community through sponsorship that enable events and programs while increasing the visibility of their business and its support of the LGBTQ+ community.
Many sponsors find our opportunities not only mutually beneficial, but imperative to their brand loyalty.
Donating appreciated securities, such as stocks or mutual funds, is a tax-wise approach to supporting Stonewall’s work. The benefits available to you when making a contribution of stock or mutual funds may include:
- Avoiding federal and state tax on the capital gain
- Receiving an income tax deduction (federal and most states) for the full market value of your gift if you itemize
- Deductions on your tax return and have held the assets one year or longer
- Making a larger gift at a lower original cost to you.
Before you make a gift of appreciated securities, however, you should consult your financial planner or tax adviser to determine how the potential tax advantages described here apply to your specific situation.
You can make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA and make an immediate impact. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from your IRA account to Stonewall Columbus.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Stonewall Columbus, so while you do not receive a charitable deduction, it does not create taxable income for you.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Stonewall, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.