LGBTQ+ ENTREPRENEURIAL ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
Looking to vet a business idea?
Flush out your social enterprise concept?
Want to start a business or learn how to grow strategically?
LEAP educates and empowers members of the LGBTQ+
community to be successful entrepreneurs.
A vital component of a thriving business ecosystem is diversity; a community of successful LGBTQ+ businesses and social enterprises exemplifies that diversity.
The LEAP Method
EDUCATE + MENTOR + CONNECT
EDUCATE: Participants will participate in the SEA Change program; a 14-module online curriculum with complementary in-person class sessions on a weekly basis over a 4-month period
MENTOR: Mentors will work with participants for a 1-year period during and after program completion
CONNECT: Participants will connect with key resources to help build, grow, and sustain their business
- LEAP provides a unique opportunity for members of the LGBTQ+ community to complete the program in safe, welcoming, and affirming spaces
- Our inaugural cohort culminates with select LEAP participants pitching at VENTURE OUT – an opportunity to raise funds and support needed
- Program Cost: FREE
- Thanks to the generous support of our LEAP sponsors, there is no cost to those accepted to be in the program
- Applications will be accepted from January 20 through February 9, 2020
- The LEAP team will then review all the applications and select a maximum of 15 participants (either individuals or teams) to participate in the first cohort
- Accepted applicants will be notified by February 11, 2020
- Those accepted into the program will be required to complete all online course work and attend class EVERY TUESDAY evening from 6pm-9pm
- Program kickoff event and first class will be held on March 10, 2020, and classes will conclude on June 9, 2020
- Pitch event and graduate recognition will be held at the Venture Out event on June 17, 2020
TO APPLY FOR THE INAUGURAL COHORT, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION LINK HERE:
Stonewall Columbus and LEAP are excited to be an affiliate partner of SEA Change. SEA Change will facilitate the online coursework and in-person classes (most to be held at Stonewall Columbus). To learn more about SEA Change, click HERE or by going to www.seachng.org.
Need additional information or have additional questions? Please contact Michael Smithson at gro.submulocllawenots@PAEL