The Manager of Programs & Outreach reports to the Executive Director and works in partnership with staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and community members of diverse backgrounds. The work of this position supports the organization’s objective to build a culturally rich LGBTQ+ community in order to create a region where ALL OF US thrive.
Program Development & Implementation
- Research and identify program and service needs in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Create and implement relevant and effective programs
- Recruit volunteers to facilitate programs and provide appropriate on-boarding for facilitators
- Oversee effectiveness of current programs and program facilitators
- Attend monthly program committee meetings.
- Supervise, design and maintain program outcome data, demographics of program participants.
- Work with Director of Business Development to prepare, submit, and track grant requests. Supervise grant reporting as directed.
- Supervise and manage program budgets and grants.
- Provide program information to Manager of Creative Services for appropriate promotion of programs through online, print and direct mail, as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule space management with event coordinators and groups renting.
- Obtain permits and ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, and agency approval processes and policies
- Lead efforts to recruit and enroll participants in programs and events. Conduct follow-up on lapsed participants to re-engage as appropriate.
- Recruit, interview and supervise all program interns.
- Represent the Center, through oral and written communications.
- Serve as a liaison between partner organizations, interested organizations, and Stonewall Columbus.
- Work with the staff to identify special occasions and events that celebrate or promote the LGBTQ+ community and cause
- Serve as a leader in planning and producing special events in the center and in collaboration with other people or organizations
- Support the Director of Business Development in fulfilling Partnership 365 relationships
- Coordinate with the Manager of Creative Services to ensure appropriate marketing, public relations, advertising, and ticket sales
- Ensure appropriate information is recorded in the database
- Outgoing personality with a high level of comfort meeting new people, engaging in social situations, working in collaboration with others, and empowering community leaders.
- Superior organizational, communication, analytical and logistics skills. A proven concern for detail, organization, and timely follow-through.
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in areas such as education, curriculum development, community outreach, group facilitation or working in similar fields.
- Experience, ability, desire, and commitment to work with the LGBTQ+ community of varying socioeconomic classes, identities, ages, intersectional communities, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Broad understanding of the LGBTQ+ community needs in Franklin County
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Tenacious commitment to the achievement of agreed-upon targets
- Project management skills, including managing projects with multiple strict and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to plan ahead, develop contingency plans, problem-solve effectively through crises, and maintain calm in a high-pressure environment
- Current Driver’s License, driver’s insurance and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Required background check.
Hours Of Work:
This is an exempt position requiring 40 hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours. Attendance at evening events and programs, supervision for walk-in hours, and outreach work are key components of this position.
Salary Range: $45-55K—fixed range
Required from each applicant:
- Cover letter
- (3) references (one of which must be a former supervisor of the applicant)
A complete application can be submitted to email@example.com; applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Assessments and review will begin on November 13.
Stonewall Columbus is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Fair Chance employer; non-White, gender non-binary, and straight people are encouraged to apply.