- This event has passed.
Rich-ish : An introduction to basic, common sense financial concepts
September 11, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until October 2, 2019
Rich-ish : An introduction to basic, common-sense financial concepts
Instructors: Unique & Dashonda Goins
This course is an overview of how to overcome the most common financial challenges facing people today.
It will serve as a general introduction to the basic, common-sense financial concepts that can help people overcome the obstacles they face and achieve their goals. It shows how greater financial security is within reach of every working American.
During this course, we will teach how money works so students can make an informed decision about how to take control of their finances by completing a Financial Needs Analysis.
Upon completing this course, each student would have a personal Financial Needs Analysis and a better understanding of how money works. This includes:
– Understanding what the Banker’s Rule is and how to apply it to their own finances
– Identifying and calculate their personal Financial Independence Number (FIN)
– Know what debt stacking is and how to apply it
– How to identify and recognize different types of life insurance
– A completed personal financial needs analysis and a plan of action
– Have a better understanding of investments (Basics of mutual funds, dollar costs averaging, and retirement accounts).
6 Week Session
Meets Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30pm
September 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th
October 2nd and 9th